Reports for Clinical Care
- Clinicians with 60 years combined “clinical” experience
- 20 years experience in writing medico-legal reports
- Provider of clinical services in the private sector for over 30 years
- 10 years of clinical education for prosthetic and orthotic students
- Private client case load is largely trauma
- More than 95% of clients are referred – through personal recommendation
- Outstanding service offering the latest technology
- Only practice in WA with the ability to display the AOPA Member logo.
Medical – Legal Reports
Medico-legal report writing is another service offered by OPS. Our Prosthetists and Orthotists work in conjunction with other health professionals to assess each case individually.
OPS routinely provide comprehensive reports. We work for claimants or defendants as well as on joint instructions. The field of Prosthetics is technologically complex. Current costs can be prohibitive, with future costs continually increasing. History shows many individuals are grossly under-reimbursed for their medical needs. Unfortunately, this results in their ongoing costs far exceeding the funds available to them, particularly as technology advances.
Our medical-legal reports are furnished following an initial examination and assessment of the patient at the request of the solicitor on behalf of the plaintiff or the defense. Our reports include device recommendation for the patient. Our reports may also include current and possible future prosthetic or orthotic treatment with cost estimates for the patient’s lifetime.
To assist in formulating this report, video gait analysis and activity monitor data are used where possible to validate prescription and life-cycle criteria. Each report takes four to six weeks to complete following the consultation. Please let us know if the report is urgent, however, and we will make every effort to expedite this process.
If you require assistance with a prosthetis or orthotic medico-legal report, please contact us.